Monday, January 19, 2009

A Little Heat for January



It's cold and my furnace is having issues. If anyone else needs a little heat in their January, here's one of my favorite recipes--Cajun Chicken Pasta. Also, if anyone is interested, check out www.pioneerwoman.com and search for her Crash Hot Potatoes recipe. I made them last night and oh, my. It's my new favorite. One other note--nothing I cook turns out like the pictures in the recipe. My potatoes were definitely nothing like hers--but they were so delicious. Keep that in mind with this recipe and know that it's yummy even if the pictures are lame.

Cajun Chicken Pasta

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
4 t Cajun (Creole) seasoning
4 T butter or margarine
16 slices each green and sweet red pepper
8 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
2 green onions, sliced
2-4 cups heavy cream
1/2 t dried basil
1/2 t lemon-pepper seasoning
1/2 t salt
1/4 t garlic powder
1/4 t pepper
8 oz linguine, cooked and drained

Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl or resealable plastic bag; toss or shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken in butter until almost tender, about 5-7 minutes. Add peppers, mushrooms and onion; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes.



Reduce heat. Add cream and seasonings; heat through. Add linguine and toss; heat through.



Good luck!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Looks delicious. Maybe you should bring that to Book Club...

ScrapBox Organization & Storage said...

I thought we were bringing appetizers? I'll wait till the theme is hot and spicy chicken.