Saturday, June 4, 2011

And So It Begins . . .

Summer has finally arrived. And I'm not talking about finally having non-Arctic temperatures. I'm talking about kids home all day, alternating between trying to play on the computer all day and kill each other. You must have a plan. We have one full week under our belts and so far so good. I only thought about them going back to school 5, maybe 6 times this week. OK, maybe it was more, but I'm sure I shouldn't admit that.

Our summer plan is for every day to have some work and then every day we have something fun. One of our fun things has been to read The Twits by Roald Dahl together. It's one of my favorites. By reading 10 pages a night together, we have finished it in about a week. And then, thanks to the Roald Dahl's Revolting Recipes book, we had a good plan to make a Mr. Twit for dinner.



If you haven't read the book (and you need to), Mr. Twit was a "foul and smelly old man" whose face was not only "covered with thick hair, the stuff even sprouted in revolting tufts out of his nostrils and ear-holes." The best part of his horrible beard was all the food that got stuck there that he saved for later snacks. Mrs. Twit was also horrid and they amuse themselves by playing horrible tricks on each other and tormenting small animals until they finally get taught a lesson. I won't reveal more than that because seriously, you need to read it.

So here's the point of the post--a picture of our Mr. Twit who was fun to make and even more fun to eat. Now for something to do for the other 73 days of summer . . .

5 comments:

thedoodlegirl said...

YOU ARE THE BEST MOM EVER!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!

Shiv said...

Roald Dahl's Revolting Rhymes are a must read, if you are a fan, and it sounds like you are!! I love that you made Mr. Twit :) Good luck making it through the summer!

ScrapBox Organization & Storage said...

That is excellent news.

Jon and Maeva said...

so fun! I wish I thought of things like that. You are awesome!

mid said...

https://biz.kompas.com/read/2018/09/28/090000428/6-cara-jitu-naikkan-limit-kartu-kredit-anda